128 N. Hutchinson Ave.
Adel, GA 31620
Constructed by Mr. William H. Baskin in 1907, owner and operator of a local lumber mill, this home was a copy of the house built next door in 1905 by the Juhan family. Mr. Baskin sold the Queen Anne cottage in 1913 to Mr. E. M. Rogers, who purchased it for his bride, Mellie Parrish. It remained in the Rogers family until recently.
Mr. Baskin built the one-story house with 14 ft. ceilings, heart-pine floors and a steeply pitched hipped roof. The house, with 2,000 sq. ft., has seven rooms, two full bathrooms, six fireplaces, wide baseboards and ceiling cornices. A small portion of the porch has been enclosed for use as a greenhouse. The 1/2 acre property has lovely gardens and three outbuildings.
The house is in good condition, but requires some cosmetic work, wood repair and window repair. The kitchen and bathrooms need updating. The mechanical systems, including plumbing and electrical, need updating as well.
The E. M. Rogers House is located in downtown Adel. From Atlanta: Take I-75 South below Tifton to Exit 39. Off the ramp, turn left toward Adel on Ga. Hwy. 37. Turn left on Hutchinson Avenue and the house is on the corner of Hutchinson and 3rd Street.
The Rogers house is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places and, if listed, several financial incentives, including an 8 1/2 year tax abatement and tax credits for substantial rehabilitation.
The Georgia Trust is a non-profit statewide preservation organization, part of a network of local, state and national organizations dedicated to the preservation of significant historic resources. The Revolving Fund Program was established to provide effective alternatives to demolition or neglect of architecturally and historically significant properties by promoting their rehabilitation and monitoring their preservation in perpetuity. A buyer of a Revolving Fund property is required to sign a Rehabilitation Agreement and donate an Architectural and Preservation Easement to The Georgia Trust. The easement, which ensures the historic integrity of the property is retained, is attached to the deed in perpetuity.
Price REDUCED: $49,000
Original price: $110,000
For more information, contact: