Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kodak to discontinue Kodachrome

I just read that Kodak is going to stop manufacturing Kodachrome film. Another wonderful thing passes. When I first got involved with preservation 25 years ago, I discovered how truly beautiful Kodachrome slides were, The color was so rich and vivid and better still, they did not ever fade like other types of film. Kodachrome Slides were a great way of motivating people to get interested in historic preservation. Just show them a carousel of "before and after" slide and they were hooked.

I have made the switch to digital and Powerpoint but I still miss slide and feel very nostalgic about Kodachrome right now. Did I mention to you that tomatoes don't taste as good as they used to...

Mark C McDonald

For the full article and more information, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment